Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another best friend's betrothal!

Today, I attended one of my friends' betrothal function and I needn't tell you explicitly, that I am really happy for the couple in focus. The function went smoothly, with lots of fun and activity as one can expect in such functions. Though I would love to draw a line in the middle of a paper and state at-least six differences between this one and the other betrothal function I had previously attended, on second thought, I would disallow myself such indulgence so as not to create any rift between those two friends. :-) Jokes apart, I shower my best wishes to both the bride and the groom on their engagement. (A damn good lunch is certainly a considerable contributor involved in this wish :-) )

There is a song that begins with the words "It's raining men" and it's going to be raining betrothals and marriages in the next 3 to 4 months. Added to this one of my friends has become the proud father of a pretty baby girl. (I realised why people call a baby as "bundle of joy" just by looking at my friend).

Now as people are getting ready to either to tie the knot or to say "I do" in one of the most important events of their lives called marriage, following are some of the rules of a happy marriage; but I would like to call them as "ten commandments of a happy married life" as recommended by elders and psychiatrists. As I have nothing else to give to my friends I list these golden rules which certainly made some sense when I read.

1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you must criticise, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once every day say a kind or complimentary word to your life partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10.It takes two to make a quarrel, and the one in the wrong usually is the one who does the most talking.

We can refer "Social Psychology" by Robert baron & Donn Byrne or any other related books for further details as to how to make a marriage or for that matter, any relationship work.

DISCLAIMER: All the incidents and persons I mentioned above are imaginary and any resemblance to any persons or incidents in real life is purely coincidental. :-)

4 comments:

Rajesh Kumar Babu said...

Nice one, thanks for the update

Karthikeyan said...

Din't have your number hence wishing your birthday thru blog :) Many more Happy returns of the day :)

K.Deviprasadareddy said...

Thanks for the wishes Karthikeyan. Sorry for the late response, though. I was out of town for the last one week. That's why.. :-)

rudru47 said...

About Lifetrons, I first read about it in Sri.Yoganandaji's Autobiography of Yogi and these Lifetrons, may be in future, will be the source for treating ill-health among the public. These Lifetrons are the the atoms that come out of Prana, Intelligent life-force of humans and other animals and after death of physical body, according to their Karma, they move in the Universe and join the next sperm and ovum. It is a very wonderful creation from the God Almighty and by knowing about these things, we should try had to save our green environment, clean city climate etc., etc., so that they will be of much use in future. Yours sincerely,
r m agadi (rudrappaagadi@gmail.com)