Friday, May 14, 2010

Unwind!!!

It's been a while since i went for any sight seeing or took any vacation. However recently I had the opportunity to visit Kodaikkanal and Ooty at one go. It was a nice trip and both places offer so much in terms of natural beauty, that mere 7 days aren't enough to explore them fully. But one thing I learned in this trip is that you never go for any tourist spot during peak season. You will be bored to death commuting, due to the traffice caused by the serpentine queues formed by all the tour vehicles. By the time one reachs the spot he or she would literally be drained of all the energy. So no matter what, one must always go for any trip during off season only.

Somewhere I read that "A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving". Well, my trip fails miserably on both the counts. I had fixed plans and right from the start of the trip, I had been planning for the return. I could say that I had visited few places, but can never say that the trip went on as I had actually intended it to be. But one learns through one's experiences and I have certainly learnt a few lessons. Next time I plan for a trip, my objective will be to explore and not just to visit the place and I think that's the best way to unwind and recharge one's mental and emotional batteries.

2 comments:

Thiruvengadam said...

Kodaikannal & Ooty ...alone....He he he he he...
GROW UP......OKIES ha

K.Deviprasadareddy said...

hmmm.... What to do?