Sunday, April 11, 2010

My best friend's betrothal :-)

Last Sunday I attended one of my friend's betrothal.It was a simple and yet a striking function. I couldn't help remembering a classic movie sequence from the film "Mayabazaar" in which the great actor S.V.Ranagarao stares at the feast in front of him and starts to sing impromptu. Well in this case the occasion may not be that of a marriage but the intensity was no less than that of any marriage. There were sweets, there were dresses, and an insane amount of jewellery :-).

But more importantly there were his family members, the girl's family members and of course their colleagues and friends. Both dressed impeccably and looked at their best. My only concern is that why is that it's always the girl who dresses traditionally whereas the guy dresses like he has just dropped from London? But one look at them and these thoughts become evanescent. I can assure that all the shutter bugs would have had a field day, had they been present on the occassion! All of us had a good time but I can not say the same about the couple in focus :-).

EPILOGUE: There's another friend's engagement which is very soon and normally he should be under tremendous pressure to maintain the standard that has been set, if not to exceed it. But having known him for some time, I am sure one can expect wonderful surprises.

4 comments:

Mahesh said...

Good one ! :-)

Karthikeyan said...

Reddy anthe "Best Friend" mahesh tha nu kadaisi varaikkum sollave illeye...

K.Deviprasadareddy said...

ha ha ha... Karthikeyan! I didn't want to reveal the identity of the person in contention :-)

Raguraman said...

appadiye ID'ya reveal pannitalum... BBC'la irundhu avara interview yedukka vandhuduvaanga pavom....